Aug

Hin Leong Tire Shop

Posted by supaa_dry. Categories Automotive

Every year or so (or maybe every month or so if you”re a drifter) there comes the time when you need to change your tires. Tires are pretty damn important because they”re the only part of the car actually touching the ground. Pretty much everythin

g a car does – from braking, steering and accelerating – relies on the tires. So even if you had a lancer evo engine inside your Wira, if your tires have no grip whatsoever, your car would lose a race to a bicycle.

The bad thing about changing tires is that they”re not cheap. And by that I mean that they”re painfully expensive. But luckily there”s a way to minimize the pain. Enter Hin Leong Tire shop. It”s quite far off the beaten path (it”s in Klang!) but a trip there is absolutely worth it if you”re planning on changing more than 1 tire. Recently I made a trip there to change my iswara”s tires. The prices quoted to me in PJ were in the RM140-150 range, but the same tires were offered at Hin Leong for about RM110. Considering that it”ll probably cost about RM20 (inclusive of petrol and toll) to get you from PJ to Klang, it”s not very economical to drive to Klang just to change 1 tire, but if you”re planning on changing 2 or more, then it starts to make a lot of sense.

The service there is pretty fast despite the large number of customers there (it seems to be quite popular). There are a couple of chairs here and there for you to sit down, but there”s also a warung makan across the road where you can wait at. It probably took them about 40 mins to change my tires (which is pretty good)

Hin Leong”s located on Jalan Kapar and it”s quite easy to get to there, but just to make your life simpler (that”s what we at lifeinkl.com strive to do), I”ve put up a little map for you.
View Larger Map

You”ll know you”re there when you see this:

Hin leong

Don”t tell me you”re just going to change your tires and stick to those stock, factory fitted rims? Surely you want something more stylish and cool? Well Hin Leong also has a huge selection of rims so just bring a lil extra cash with you and you can have both new tires AND rims! If you”re not interested in getting any, it”s still something to look at while waiting.

Of course that”s just part of what they have to offer, so you should really check it out yourself. So bottom line is, if you need to change more than 1 tire and you”re not afraid of wandering outside of KL to get it done, you should check out Hin Leong tire shop. After all, it”s lifeinkl.com certified :P

22 Responses to “Hin Leong Tire Shop”

1. LBird - March 11, 2009 / 9:52 pm

Nice post! On monday of this week, I also just went there to have my tires changed. I am driving MyVi and have changed the stock tires to 185/60 type. Feeling great while driving.. My next planning is to change the rim on next year probably… Peace~~

2. grace lee - January 21, 2010 / 12:03 pm

I wan to know “good year 185 14′ ” how much ?

3. kenchill - January 22, 2010 / 12:11 am

185/14, not sure man.

165/14 around RM100 I think.

4. stanley ho - March 25, 2010 / 9:11 pm

dont waste money on tires best to use original fitted tires..save money for raining days..expensive spot rims wont count when u sell your car ,no body keep car for long ! ..car is for transport not to suit your fancy !

5. Thoo - April 16, 2010 / 11:10 am

Took me a while to find this shop but finally did!

I bought the new Michelin PS3 and changed all 4 of them about 2 weeks ago. I have to say the performance of this tyre is truly satisfying! Price wise, i believe you can’t get any cheaper than Hin Leong in Klang Valley (cos I have asked quite a few shops!)

However, price aside, i have to say the service from this shop is damn lousy! One of the sales technician (owner’s brother) is damn rude and couldn’t even explain to me the features of tyre properly! He even told me that PS3 was not good for wet condition and all threads are more or less the same!!

Besides, they were constantly trying “ways” to convince me to change things such as the sports rim, by constantly telling me that my present rims were dented or crooked!

So if you want cheap tyres, this is the place to be but be prepared to be ripped off for other things and forget about service!

6. sam lim - August 17, 2010 / 2:41 pm

all is cheaper at Hin Leong but there got one staff services is very bad bad bad..i heard they call him “hua heng” i ask him some only, he show me see he black face..we are customer, we pay money one..how can like that?

7. kadafi - September 23, 2010 / 9:46 pm

if this shop is on your right, theres one more shop further in front about 20m, on your left, with better customer service but slightly higher price.

8. Alex - January 17, 2011 / 10:51 am

want..complaints..want complaints your work shop staff..MR.LIM,没礼貌的对待。把我的车驾到那里去了,试车需要试到那么久吗?我是他老板的话,我一定炒了他,这种工作态度改改吧!HIN LEONG老板炒了他吧!这种倒米的工人要来做么呢?怕找不到比他还要好的工人吗!

9. helper - May 7, 2011 / 6:03 pm

The GPS coordinate is for Hin Leong is
    3 3 13.3 N 101 26 48.9 E
    Just copy and paste that on search box of maps.google.com.my

10. Peter - July 23, 2011 / 12:23 pm

Can someone tell me their operational hours, i tried calling them, either it shows user busy or no one picks up the call.
    THanks

11. Romi Mansor - November 28, 2011 / 3:45 am

i’m using the 16 inch rim and 205 45 16 tyres..can anyone help me what is the cheapest tyre brand for people like me due to very tight budget

12. foong - March 19, 2012 / 7:34 pm

When to the shop for balancing & alignment but they is lot of hidden cost ,Please be more careful visiting this shop

13. leong - March 26, 2012 / 2:04 pm

Their business is too damm good that they wont bother to take up calls or leave their phone on busy mode. How la, think i better pay extra rm20 – 30 difference for better customer service.

14. justin wang - May 6, 2012 / 12:58 am

can u send ur shop address to me???

15. azman - May 8, 2012 / 5:03 pm

Bro i want ti know do you have tyre silverstone estiva x5 size 215/55 R17 for my estima.it have how much u sell and if good i can go true to your shop change all 4 my estima.thnks.

16. wdy - May 22, 2012 / 4:51 pm

how much a 215 60 16 tyre cost? cheapest brand tq

17. vincent Ng - August 13, 2012 / 7:52 pm

Dear Sir,

I would like to know the price of tyre

Good year size 195:60:15

18. vincent Ng - October 13, 2012 / 7:46 am

Dear Sir,

I would like to change 4 tires for my car
    Size 195: 60:15. Pl quote the best price for goodyear NCT? or any tyre you would recommend. Tq

Regards,
    Vincent Ng
    012-3835395

19. LIEW - January 30, 2013 / 3:18 pm

Hi Sir,
    i would like to change 4 units of the GY Directional 5,
    please quote me for the best price..
    thanks`

20. Alzamani Idrose - May 4, 2013 / 1:44 pm

do they have run flat tyres too? I am looking for 17′ run flat tires? how much do they cost at this shop?

21. Francis Lai - December 5, 2013 / 10:52 am

Dear Sir,
    I would like to change 4 tires for my car
    Size 195: 60:15. Pl quote the best price for any tyres you would recommend. Tq

Regards,
    Francis Lai
    017-6161381

22. Jack - May 31, 2014 / 10:42 pm

I read from Forum, many people recommend Hin Leong Tyre @ Jalan Meru because provide cheapest price. Before i went there, i already called them and the price is really cheaper (average RM35 cheaper for 1 tyre) than the price in Puchong. Today, i paid a visit there but there were so many customers and their staff there not even bother to serve/ ask me.

I feel so disappointed with their service and went to another Tyre shop just opposite them, Leong Seng Tyre Service where they quoted me same price and the boss is really friendly and my car done in 30 minutes for changing 4 tyre.

Overall, i really satisfied with their service and i did asking the boss why Hin Leong so good business but price not different with his price. He said maybe they are good in online marketing.

Michelin XM2 185/60/R14 – RM185
    Steel valve – RM15/pic or Normal valve – RM5/pic
    Balancing – FOC
    Credit card charge – 2% (Not bringing enough cash)

Add: Opposite Hin Leong (Jalan Kapar)
    Tel: 03-3342 6303